Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Secret Blog Reader

Here's my latest confession:

I regularly read the blog of someone I don't know.

I'm not talking about someone like the Pioneer Woman, who is a "famous" blogger and has a huge following.

I'm talking about someone normal. Regular. Just like you and me.

Is that weird?

I blame it on curiosity. So for that matter, I can blame it on my mother, who fostered a keen sense of curiosity in me. But I should probably just blame it on the boogie (that one was for you, Laura).

It started because my friend Annie has a TON of people on her blog list. And she's got it set up so cute little pictures show up next to the name of every person's blog. So one day, I clicked on this normal person's blog, and read it. And now, when I go to read Annie's blog, I check this other person's blog too for new posts.

So really, is that weird?

Because typing it out suddenly makes me feel like it might be just a bit weird.

It's just that she seems so normal, and she has a cute little 5 month old daughter, and she seems to post just about as many pictures of her daughter as I do of Gabe...

Ok, maybe those are just excuses and it really is weird.

But isn't that what the blogging world is all about? Because really, if we weren't aware and prepared for the fact that someone we don't know might read our blog, then we would just keep a journal instead, right?

So I just decided that it's not weird.

And if by some chance someone I don't know is reading this post, I want you to know that I don't think you're weird.

OOOOH! Wouldn't it be weird if the person whose blog I read also reads mine??

(Paul, I want you to know that I spelled "weird" right the first time in this post because of you. Many thanks.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who is it?

Jane Regala said...

I always spell 'weird' 'wierd' I think it looks better that way. Anyway, I read all the blogs that you have as links, although I guess I know them. And some days I hit 'next blog' and try to find one in English. Which makes me realize maybe that is why I never get my laundry finished. But the new 2010 Jane is spending less time on the computer so my time is up for today.

Thomas and Lindsey said...

That's funny... because I'm reading someone I know's blog and still can't get my laundry done!! Plus it's dinner time now and it's not done either.... and Lydia is about to wake up hungry. Bottom line, I better get going! But I LOVE the blogging world. And any strange who reads this can always count on a good laugh : )

Dayna said...

Haha love this post- I promise I don't think you're weird! I'm glad I have another blog I can follow too!