Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

"Mama, what yong?"

In our dining room a little while ago:

Gabe:  "Mama, cack!"   (Let me interpret:  "Mama, snack!")

Me:  "Ok, go get in your chair.  You can have the rest of your yogurt from breakfast."

Gabe:  "Fyacks?"  ("Flax?"  ...my mom started giving him flax on his yogurt a year (ish) ago and now he requests it whenever I suggest yogurt to eat.  In fact, he will eat a couple of the top bites of yogurt with the flax on it and then request more...Bret has started asking him if he wants yogurt with his meal of flax!)

Me:  "Yes, I'll put more flax on it."  So I go about getting him his yogurt/flax and then sit down at my laptop with him eating at one end of the table and Abby happily spitting up on her bib at  the other.  I decide that since I haven't been on Facebook for a while, I will log on and peruse through the 7 million comments about the snow.  (note - I underestimated, it was 8 million)  In the course of my Facebooking, I saw a comment from someone I went to junior high with and said aloud, "I'm friends with him? I didn't know that."  And then from his page I rabbit trailed to the page of someone else I was in band with in high school, and after looking through a few pictures and contemplating the strangeness of 20 years having passed since high school, I said aloud in a reflective manner:  "Wow.  Oh my gosh." 

Gabe's response:  "Mama, what yong?"  ("Mama, what's wrong?")

I tell ya...I really think God gave two-year-olds the capacity for extra adorableness to combat their penchant for tantrums and the desire to wage epic battles. 


Enjoying his "cack" of "yo-guut" and "fyacks"

Since he has a tendency to pose for pictures now with his eyes squinted
shut, I asked him to open his eyes for this shot...this is what I got!

1 comment:

Jane said...

He is so cute. What a health nut he is. Does he go for daily runs as well? Where is Abby?