Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All because two people fell in love

 On this day, thirty-eight years ago:






...these two crazy kids got hitched.  And I do mean kids.  If Gabe even remotely considers getting married just out of high school I think I just might lock him in the bathroom and set up a tent outside the door to keep watch so he can't escape.  He'll have water and I'll slip him sandwiches under the door.

That having been said:

1) I'm glad my grandparents were more rational than I am and didn't lock either of my parents in the bathroom.

2) I do want Gabe to be happy, so if he decides to get married right out of high school, I will give him the best advice I can based on the circumstances at that time and then pray pray pray pray pray.

Mom and Dad:  your love for each other and the life you've made together is...well, it just IS.  I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to think of how to phrase my thoughts, and "it just IS" feels like the best way to describe it.  Your example has shaped my life, it's been constant, it's a grounding factor for me - it "IS".  You guys get happier as the years go by and truly enjoy each other's company.  Mom still greets Dad at the top of the stairs with a kiss and Dad still surprises mom with "I love you" on the bathroom mirror in Mom's lipstick. 

Happy Anniversary to you two crazy kids!


4 comments:

Jane Regala said...

That is so nice. It's amazing how your parents look the same. This makes me realize I need to be nicer to my husband AND stop eating so much.

Laura said...

yeah, but who has to then clean the bathroom mirror, eh eh?

The Barbers said...

Yes, their marriage has been an inspiration to many. (Can you see me in the 1st picture?)

HalversSon said...

Kathleen - yeah!! I see you, you are right next to me!