Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is there such thing as a NOT happy baby, anymore?

The other day I was blog surfing and I came across three different blogs of moms w/babies, all describing their child with variations of "So-and-so is such a happy baby!"

And I got to thinking of how funny it would be to actually come across a blog with something more along the lines of "So-and-so is a taciturn, melancholy child."  Well, funny to me but probably really depressing for the parent that wrote it. 

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to inform you that (you'll be so shocked, surprised, and blown away by this unusual announcement) Gabriel is such a happy baby!

Here's the proof:

Today we were in the checkout line at Fred Meyer, and I was busy getting my card out of my wallet and running it through the reader.  I look up at Gabe, and he's looking at the checkout clerk with a huge smile on his face.  I assumed the clerk must be smiling at him, causing Gabe to smile back.  But - upon turning toward the clerk I see that he is busily scanning groceries, not paying attention to Gabe at all.  Putting aside my momentary shock that anyone could be within a 10-foot radius of Gabe and not be completely focused on him (What was that?  It sounded like you said "No one finds your child as interesting and adorable as you do", and though I understood the words I can't comprehend your meaning.  You may as well have said "Turtle calculus fly-fishing.") I looked back at Gabe and he was still just staring at the checkout clerk, smiling away.  Perhaps Gabe was also in shock that someone could be in a 10-foot radius of him and not be completely focused on him.  Wow.  The ego this kid has already!

For your viewing pleasure, here is a recent picture of said happy baby:

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cheryl, I'm looking at Gabe RIGHT NOW. And yes, he is indeed quite happy. Of course Grandma Mary is making quite a show of entertaining him...

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Just wait until he really starts to teeth!! Then the not so happy baby thing might ring true in your house.