Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Movie Night

Tonight was Gabe's first movie theater experience:  Finding Nemo in 3D!


Nemo is one of his current favorite stories (we "get" to tell it to him at bedtime every night lately), but we've purposefully been light on conversation about seeing the movie at the theater because we weren't sure when it would happen and because he's in a stage where everything gets repeated 3,627 times.  So rather than subject us to having to endlessly answer queries about when this blessed event would occur, we kept mostly quiet about it.

When it was decided that tonight would work to go see it, I asked Gabe if he wanted to go meet Daddy at the movie theater and see Nemo, and he then proceeded to say "This going be fun!" about 88 times between home and the theater.  But, it was so cute that I couldn't be too exasperated.  Plus I'm getting really good at responding after about the dozenth time with that vague "mm-hmm" that provides acknowledgement that I heard him but also allows me to multi-task and think about something else.  (that is until he switches things up on me and changes the question/statement, and I hear myself responding in the affirmative when I should be saying no...so far he has not figured out how to work this to his advantage but it's probably only a matter of time until he begins throwing in requests for cookies before dinner, etc.)

2 comments:

BlogStalker said...

How fun! Did he like it? Love the glasses on him.

Laura said...

That first picture is KILLING me. God, I love that kid.