Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Gabe Said

Yesterday Gabe and I went to the dentist, and Gabe got a new toothbrush which he saw sitting on the kitchen table this morning.  He got very excited ("Tees!" {teeth} "Open!") and I told him we could open it after breakfast.  Then I asked him what he wanted for breakfast.  His answer:  "Too-pace!" {toothpaste}  

Earlier this morning while I was feeding Abby, he was playing with his football and running around the living room falling down like he was being tackled and yelling "Ta-down!" {touchdown}  After one of them, he came up to me and very earnestly said "Heh-mut" {helmet} ...as in, apparently he needs to be wearing his bike helmet like football players have helmets.

I didn't even know he knew the words toothpaste and helmet...although I'm not sure why that surprises me since we use them and it seems like every day he comes out with a word or two (or three or four or ...) that I haven't heard him say before.

No comments: