Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

One

Gabe turned one last Monday!  We celebrated with a couple gifts from Grandma in the morning...

"A card?  For me??"

He found the curling ribbon pretty entertaining.

And of course, he was really interested in ripping the wrapping paper...the magnetic animal puzzle book was a secondary attraction.  (Although now that we have it home without wrapping paper for competition, he loves it!)
Awesome truck with jumbo legos!  Gabe likes to push cars and trucks around and make engine noises at the same time; it's really cute.

...And then Gabe and I took a road trip to the Tri-Cities to see Lindsey & Lydia who were in town from WA DC.

Both Gabe & Lydia were not feeling very cooperative for a group picture, so we decided to just take what we could get!

Lydia's Grammy Sherry showing us how to keep two squirrely kids entertained...the talents of a Grandma!

It was an eventful day!

I'll leave you with a collage of monthly pics from Gabe's first year (idea courtesy of my friend Annie!).  I think I already said in a previous post that all the cliches I've heard about parenting and having kids seem to be pretty true (so far as my whopping year of experience in that area goes), and the part about how time flies and how they grow up so fast is perhaps the most bothersome truth of all. 

Then again, lately I've been really looking forward to Gabe walking, getting molars, and being potty trained...so at least in those respects I'm not so bothered by time flying!


Happy 1st Birthday to my precious baby boy, who makes me laugh and melts my heart and teaches me about myself and brings me such great joy - love you love you, buddy!

4 comments:

Laura said...

That's such a cute idea! Six-month Gabe and Eight-month Gabe are my favorites :) Nine-month Gabe looks like he's had a bit too much formula to drink...oh those rosy cheeks!

Jane said...

First of all, he is just so cute. Him and Lydia together are so adorable. How does he keep getting so cute? I love the picture of him on Lydia's grandma. The shape of his face is so cute. And he is already making car sounds, he is so advanced!

Cheryl said...

My favorite pic is 11 months...every picture I took of him during that session he was giddy and laughing uproariously, flopping back on the cushions of the couch and wriggling around. I had to enlist a stuffed animal to get him to focus and it barely worked (you can see the edge of it in the picture). Every time I look at that photo I can hear him laughing and giggling out of control!

kimmary said...

Oh my, what a great idea, and it's amazing to see how he changes from month to month. You should keep doing this for years!
I wonder when he'll start closing his mouth for pictures? The braces stage?