Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spidey-sense

Up until fairly recently, I've pretty much avoided character or cartoon themed stuff for Gabe.  I figured that I'm going to be spending enough time over the next 12 years hearing about how cool Transformers are, or how his friend so-and-so has the latest Disney character-themed bicycle and he wants one too, or watching Star Wars 50 times, so why start all the hype before Gabe even knows what it is?  Why become another cog in the marketing machine wheel? 

And then I saw these Spiderman pajamas.  And they were adorable. (As everything is when it's miniature.  This is why little kids look so cute in overalls, and why I should've realized that the overall craze 10 years ago wasn't for me.  Instead, I got a pair and wore them all the time.  Comfortable, yes.  Adorable?  Sadly, no.) 

The first night I put the pj's on him, I immediately notified Bret that we would be having a pre-bedtime photo shoot due to the extreme cuteness quotient we were witnessing.

Spidey-sense on high alert
Heroic triumph


I do believe the marketing machine has now been activated, and I am being assimilated.

Dagnabbit.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think you looked good in your overall. I really wish that trend would come back. Anyway, once again he looks so cute. He looks so proud of himself in his spiderman pajamas. Just be careful, he may want to wear it everywhere. One of Jack's classmates little brothers wore his costume everywhere cape and mask! The little boys at the park would follow him everywhere.