Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gabe's Blog

Not too long ago, someone said something to me along the lines of:  "I haven't checked Gabe's blog lately {smirk}, because you know it's Gabe's blog, not yours." 

By the way, isn't smirk a great word?

I was reminded of this yesterday as I was blog-stalking and read someone's post about how they had always vowed never to become one of those people who suddenly turns their blog into all about their child, once they have a baby.  While reading the post I felt a wave of embarassment, because my blog is probably 75% about my child.  Okay, 80%.  85%?  99% ? 

Whatever. 

Anyway, I immediately jumped to my own defense because I didn't even start this blog until we found out we were pregnant, so its purpose was actually to be about our baby in the first place.  HA!  Take that, Mr. Embarassment!

Not that I address embarassment on such a formal basis, usually...this case just seemed to call for an official title.

Besides, I'm much more interested in blogging about Gabe than I am in blogging about me.  And I figure other people don't have to read it if they don't want to.

Although I guess if I really didn't care if other people read it, I wouldn't have a map gadget down at the bottom of the page.  Hmmm...

Regardless, I am determined to forge on, and Mr. Embarassment, you can either come along for the ride or go find someone else to make blush.




So there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable. Sherry

Dennis Clawson said...

Keep writing, Cheryl, your blogs are one of my guilty pleasures at work. Absolutely delightful.

-Dennis

Jane said...

Girl, what are you talking about? We all love your Gabe blog. My sister and I read it all the time. By the way, I"m looking at Gabe's tongue in this picture and it looks really strange. I'm trying to do it but I can't.

kimmary said...

Happy 10 month birthday, Gabe!

What a cutie! And though I see him nearly every day, when he's not around I am thinking about when he'll next be over!