Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Carousel

Gabe went on his first carousel ride at this year's Sultan Shindig.

I am concentrating very hard on not letting my kid fall off the carousel.  And I don't think it was even moving yet at this point.

Just when I started to relax and have a little fun, Gabe seems to be over the whole thing.  Could it be that my vice-like grip around his stomach was ruining the experience for him?
Bret took him on the carousel a second time, and even with Bret's more confident (and therefore, relaxed) hold on him, by the end of the ride Gabe's expressions seemed to indicate that he was humoring us and indulging our excitement, yet not really feeling it himself.


And perhaps this is the reason why:  the weekend before the Shindig, we went camping and Gabe had his first motorcycle ride with Daddy.  So maybe it's not too surprising after all...would I be thrilled with a plastic horse going up and down and around and around after learning what real horsepower* was on a motorcycle?  Probably not!

*yes, I am quite proud of myself for this pun

1 comment:

Jane said...

Did he seriously ride a motorcycle? How is he so cute? That little face is just to much. Oh wow, someone from Africa is reading your blog!