Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Because it's Monday (or at least it was when I started this post, but four tries later on Tuesday morning is when I finally got the video to upload).

A couple things to note about this video:

1) Because Gabe is wearing the same shirt that he wore in another video I recently posted, I want to just say for the record that we do put him in other clothes. It's just that apparently I only take videos of him in this shirt.

2) Nothing amazing happens in this video. I don't want you to watch it thinking that Gabe's going to start reciting the Articles of Confederation halfway through, or that a scary gremlin is going to pop onto the screen and yell "Boo!" (because trust me, around 1 minute and 20 seconds you will think to yourself: "Hmm. Is this it? Really? "). It's just 3 minutes and 16 seconds of me thinking my kid is worth recording. He does a little laughing and babbling for about a minute, and then he remembers the rice rusk in his hand and spends the rest of the time either trying to eat it, trying to pick food shrapnel from it off the tray, or banging it on the tray. Who knew it was such a versatile baby distracting device?

Ok, that is all.

6 comments:

Jane Regala said...

Oh man, I wanted to see what happened after it dropped off? Did he get mad? I love his little voice and his lip smacking. He is so cute...

Mandy said...

Sweetness. Pure sweetness.

I agree with Jane, what happened after he dropped it?

Cheryl said...

Nope, didn't get mad...I think he was about done with it by that point. He had looked at it, passed it from hand to hand, and banged it on the table for 2-3 minutes before he even put it in his mouth, so I think his attention span was about done. When I give him Puffs, he spends the majority of the time banging his arm over the side of the tray, trying to get the Puff unstuck from his palm...I was amazed he chewed on the rice rusk for so long, because he doesn't like the taste of Puffs so far!

kimmary said...

How can something as simple as a baby whacking a cracker on a tray enthrall me for 3 minutes?

Marta said...

LOL Mary, I was thinking the same thing :)

Jane Regala said...

Girl, please post more. And Happy Mother's Day to you! But really, put something up. Can you do another video?