Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Worn Baby

Yesterday I bought a Moby Wrap (we've not had the best of luck yet with the ring sling I got at a consignment store before Gabe was born...hopefully it'll work better when he's older). The Moby Wrap is 5.5 meters of fabric (that's 18 feet, people (yes, I had to go to a measurement conversion website to figure that out)). The point is, it's a LOT of fabric. And it's sort of intimidating at first. I put Gabe in it and it was too loose, and he wasn't diggin' it. But then I re-tied it and tried it again, and he settled right in and went to sleep.This is a momentous day - I am simultaneously holding my child and typing with TWO HANDS! Wahoo!!

3 comments:

Thomas and Lindsey said...

You look so cute !!

The Barbers said...

I agree w/ Lindsey, you do look great!

I would love to see you the next time you are in 'town' visiting your parents. Elizabeth asked when will she get to see baby Gabe. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

OH YAY!!!! That picture is adorable. I can't imagine 18 feet of fabric ... that's crazy. I'm sure you'll get him all wrapped up in it in a matter of seconds before too long. Very very very cool.

He looks so snug and comfy in there. I wonder how much fabric would be needed for an adult? HAHHAHA!