Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Case In Point.

Remember in my last post where I mentioned how having a kid or being pregnant has resulted in more conversations with strangers in the past couple of years than in all the years before that? 

Case in point, the following two strange(r) moments happened on Sunday:

1)  Sunday mid-morning, just inside Lowe's, loading Gabe into one of their racecar carts.  An old man walks past, looks at me and my belly and says:  "You'd better not be heading too far from town young lady!"  (note:  because he was a cute old man in a straw hat, I chose to hear "You look like you're ready to have that baby anytime!" rather than "Wow you're HUGE!")

2) Sunday after an early dinner, we drove into town to get ice cream and go to the park.  Standing in Baskin Robbins, waiting to order, an older lady comes up to us and says "I was sitting in my car outside the window and I just had to come in and tell you - your little boy reminds me so much of my grandson who just turned 13 this weekend!"  (note:  because she was a cute older lady who was reminiscing about her grandson, I chose to hear "I just had to share my walk down memory lane with you!" rather than "I've been sitting in my car watching you guys for a while...")

No comments: