Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Auntie Sara's Wedding

by Gabe Totten

This is my Auntie Sara:

Photobucket
We've had some good times together!

Auntie Sara calls me her "sweet boy" and gives me hugs and snuggles.  But then last Thanksgiving I heard her call this guy her "sweet boy" too, and I heard people talking about how they were going to get married.


What?!  Married?!  You mean I have to share my Auntie Sara's hugs and snuggles?  I wasn't so sure how I felt about it.

But then I heard Mommy talking to Auntie Sara and almost-Uncle Jared about how I was going to be in their wedding and I started feeling better about it.  After all, it only seemed fitting that both of Auntie Sara's sweet boys should participate in the wedding.

On the evening of the rehearsal I was feeling good (and looking good if I do say so myself).

Photobucket

I gave the paparazzi (a.k.a. Mommy) a chance to photograph me from different angles, I checked out the structural integrity of the church, I showed off my impressive upper body strength...I even helped an older lady up some stairs:

I felt relaxed and ready for the Big Day. 

The day of the wedding I showed up at the church excited to put my much-practiced walking-down-the-aisle skills on display.

I even spent some time thinking about what words of wisdom to share with the couple about the meaning of marriage.

Before the ceremony, I tried to relax by just getting back to basics and playing a little music to calm my nerves.

Everything was going really well until Mommy put me into a monkey suit.
Photobucket

Auntie Sara didn't have to wear her shoes, why did I??

And then, to make matters even worse, I had to be in a picture with A GIRL.

I found out that I not only have to share Auntie Sara with Uncle Jared, but with THREE OTHER GIRLS that also call her Auntie Sara!
I'm surrounded!

I was NOT HAPPY about this development.

But luckily, Auntie Sara seemed to remember who her #1 sweet boy is:

For the ceremony, I was in a pretty good mood again and as a gentleman, I let the ladies go first and I hung back a little so I could work the crowd and thank folks for coming out.

By the reception, I had loosened my tie, untucked my shirt, and decided to just have a good time.

I borrowed cousin Jason's Blackberry and called a few buddies to brag about how well the wedding had gone.
Photobucket

Toward the end of the reception, I pulled Uncle Jared aside to let him know he'd better treat Auntie Sara right.  Before we talked, I spent a moment seeking guidance from heaven.

Yeah...Uncle Jared's a good guy, even if he does have three nieces and is another "sweet boy" to Auntie Sara.  But I told him:  I'm still gonna keep my eye on him to make sure he stays in line!

3 comments:

Jane said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Gabe is getting so big! It looks like he did great in the wedding. And Sara looks gorgeous! I love how is tummy looks in his jammies.

kimmary said...

He is one smart, astute little guy!

kimmary said...

Oh, that was so SWEET! I love the captions that go with the "story" of Sara & Jared's wedding!