Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Outside

Lately, Gabe begins every day roughly the same way:  wake up, eat breakfast, then start pointing and grunting at the door to the garage indicating that he wants to go outside.  Never mind that it's 40 degrees outside.  Never mind that it might be snowing or raining or windy.  Just point-grunt-point-grunt.  Bret's been home with him lately and I telework, so we take turns trying to distract him or manage his expectations (i.e. you have to get dressed first before we can go outside).  Once outside, he is content to toddle and wander around and would stay outside for hours if we'd let him.  The other day we spent 10 minutes with him picking up rocks, looking at me and saying "Ish", me telling him "Rock", and him throwing the rocks back into area lining our front walk.

For Gabe's sake, I sort of wish he was a like a dog that we could let out into the backyard to wander around on his own.  Then we wouldn't have to stand out in the cold with him.  And if we could teach him to dig holes and go to the bathroom, I wouldn't have to change any more diapers!  Have I taken this analogy too far?  Hmm...

Back on track, then.  Pictures:


Watching Bret wash the car (remember, Bret's car-washing knows no limits).

Offering me a leaf he found.





I love this picture but it's washed out and I couldn't get the contrast
to show up right via editing.

So I tried changing it to black & white - kind of a cool look.
 

2 comments:

Jane said...

How can there be no comments on this? He is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! Look at that face? All bundled up in his warm clothes. Just wanting to explore all the cool things outside. So innocent. Doesn't want to play video games or watch tv or play on the computer all day. I miss those days.

kimmary said...

I have plans this summer for Gabe's penchant for picking up rocks and throwing them...I just have to figure out how to get him to throw them where "I" want!