Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

The cutest thing happened to me on Saturday

I was in a little consignment store on Main Street in Monroe, dropping off some clothes to sell...and since I was there I thought it would be highly convenient to look through the maternity clothes rack and see if I could find anything to buy (see? I'm doing my part to help the economy recover)! I grabbed a couple things to try on, and headed back to the dressing rooms. I had seen a couple little girls in the store with their Dad, running back & forth to the dressing rooms to try on different clothes. So, while I'm in one of the dressing rooms, I hear this little voice say to the shopkeeper "Excuse me, can you give this to the girl in there when she comes out?" and I assume it's one of the little girls bringing back something for the other little girl to try on. When I come out of the room, the shopkeeper hands me a piece of paper and says "A little girl wanted me to give this to you. She saw you shopping & drew this for you." (The store has a little table w/coloring crayons & paper for kids to use while their adults are shopping). On the back it says "By Olalia, To [scribble scribble]".


No other shoppers were in the store anymore, so I couldn't thank the artist.

Personally, I think the interpretation of my hair-do is probably spot on with how it looked that day. If I'd known I was going to be posing for a portrait, I might've spent a bit more time with the comb!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best story!!! I think the little girl captured perfectly, the joy and twinkle in your eyes!!! "m"

Juliann said...

It's the fingernails that intrigue me. . . I guess you didn't spend the time on your hair because you were going all out on the manicure! And put Olalia on the list of baby name possibilities!

Mandy said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!! I love little girls. Speaking of, aren't you finding out the sex of your baby today??