Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Luck o' the pregnant!

This year I did 4 different NCAA brackets for various pools/bets. And there's gotta be something about being pregnant that's making me lucky because I won 3 and got 2nd place in the 4th! My winnings are something like $200 total in cash, 1 Starbucks beverage, and 1 breakfast. The breakfast is particularly notable because that's the bet with my dad, and for years now I haven't been able to best him at March Madness. He actually (if you can believe this) puts studied thought into his bracket; considering stats of players, how their seasons have gone so far, etc etc. What?? What kind of strategy is that?? Obviously, my formula of considering the seeding of the school in the tournament, whether I like the school name, and then throwing in a few upsets here and there for some added interest, is clearly the approach to take to preparing one's bracket. I mean, it's worked for me at least this once, right?

The best part is, that even in past years when I've lost the bet with my dad, he generously refrains from gloating about his victory, and he even pays the bill for the breakfast I owe him. I wish I could say that I'm not going to gloat about my victory this year, but I feel like it might just be too tempting not to. At least a little. I do plan to pay for breakfast, though - after all, I can certainly be magnanimous with my fabulously won earnings (uh oh, the gloating is starting already)!

No comments: